Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up Meraki Systems Manager, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] Okay, in this movie,…I'm going to show you how to start your system up here…with Systems Manager in the Meraki website.…This is really, really easy.…I'm going to speed through the data entry…of this sign-in screen, and then I'm going to show you…what it looks like when you click Start Now.…When your information is entered, click Start Now.…It is just that easy.…It is really, really easy.…They will send you a confirmation email.…You just need to reply to that…in order to verify your account.…
The next steps are listed here.…You install the Systems Manager Agent…your Macs and PCs, if you have Macs and PCs…that you're going to be managing.…And then, once you're installed,…the Meraki servers are going to notice them…and start managing them, and then,…you can use the web interface…to essentially manage those devices.…Now, that's for Mac OS, of course, and then,…there is always iOS, but in the next movie I show you,…I'm going to give you a full introduction…to the entire Meraki mobile device management system,…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.