Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Purchase apps with VPP, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] As promised, I'm gonna show you…how to purchase items using the Volume Purchase Program.…You're going to click on Education, if you're a school,…I'm going to Business because…that is the type of account that I have.…When you get to your log in,…just put in your log in name and password.…This is gonna be your log in Apple ID for the VPP.…When you have, click sign in.…When you get here, it's quite easy to find content.…All you need to do is type the name,…or you can even copy and paste in…the ISBN number for a book…or a web link from within iTunes.…
If you've done your shopping in iTunes…and you've found a link to a specific thing…that you wanna buy, you can paste that link in here.…But I'm gonna type the name of something that I want.…I'm looking for stuff about algebra.…So I'm just going to click All and Search,…and here are a whole bunch of iPad apps…that are about algebra.…So here is the Wolfram Algebra Course Assistant,…I'm gonna click on this.…And right away, you can see here…that we can have two choices under distribution type.…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.