Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Purchase Apple equipment for DEP, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] If you want iOS devices to be enrolled…in your Mobile Device Management Solution…completely automatically,…you're going to be using DEP.…And if you're going to be using DEP,…you've got to set up your purchases in the right way.…If you're a business customer,…you may have an Apple enterprise sales representative,…you may have an Apple authorized reseller.…In whatever case, you'll be speaking to that sales team…about being sure that your devices can be enrolled…in the Device Enrollment Program…and you'll want to talk to them about the intricacies…of purchasing from them directly…and getting those devices into DEP.…
A good sales organization will know exactly what you're…talking about.…If your sales rep doesn't know…and doesn't have the information about DEP…or about the Apple customer number…or the reseller identification number that's necessary…to be sure that your devices will be enrollable in DEP,…you may need to find another reseller…or another sales channel to talk to.…This movie is mostly written to the education audience…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.