Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Plan Wi-Fi AP density, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] When planning your capacity…for the devices you'll be deploying into your environment,…you have to understand that the number of devices…that you're planning accomodate…will never equal the number of people…that you expect to be in your area.…Each person will be carrying, let's say,…between two and three devices,…if you're doing the math,…maybe 2.3, 2.5 would be a good number…to use as a multiplier…as you're trying to work on your capacity,…but also remember…that with that minimum capacity planning in each area…you'll also have to plan for areas…where people will come together.…
There are social spaces, or meeting spaces…where people will congregate,…and this won't happen all the time,…but when it does happen,…occasionally those people,…especially if they're in meetings,…will likely be using their devices…and perhaps more than one at a time.…And even if they're not being used more than one at a time,…the way the devices work today is they're always on…and they're always checking and updating,…so even the devices that are sleeping in their pockets…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.