Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Organize app purchases in Meraki, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] Alright, we have our users…and we have our licensed applications.…Let's put the two together.…The easiest way to install a license…or to invite a user to use a license for an app…is to simply click on the link for that app,…click the check box for the user,…and click Grant License to a User.…And here you can see I've already done that for this account…and it has a little check mark with a Yes next to it.…It succeeded and we're all solid.…Once that is completed, if you later want…to revoke that license from a user account,…you can click the Revoke License from Users.…
It gives you a warning that says…that Apple provides users with a 30 day grace period…before reclaimed apps are removed…from the user's purchase history.…What this is going to do, is, it'll leave the app…on the device for a period of time.…The user, if they try to use the app on the device…once it's been revoked, will be prompted…to purchase the app if it's a paid app…and if it's a free app.…So they will need to re-acquire the license on their own.…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.