Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Mobile Device Management with Meraki: Managing iPads.
- Before I let you go, I wanted to have a few…more words with you here about Meraki…and about what we've talked about…so far in this course.…The most important thing that you have learned…in this course so far is to plan ahead for your deployment.…The advanced planning that is necessary…for a properly deployed Meraki MDM solution,…and for the proper deployment of managed iPads…in any size organization is critical.…Planning ahead for that VPP program,…the DEP program, getting your Meraki setup…done ahead of time, super important.…
And speaking of Meraki, it's really important…to get full buy-in from everybody who will be…affected by your mobile device management solution…before you actually implement it.…Remember that what you're going to be doing here…has the potential to heavily restrict the way…that these devices will work in your organization.…So it's very important that people…understand the value behind doing it,…either for the organization or for themselves.…Also remember to involve others in your choices…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Classroom Management Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley52m 41s Beginner
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.