Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Meraki MDM, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] When you first sign in…to the Meraki MDM System Manager,…you're presented with this screen, a client list.…But there are no managed clients and it tells you…to add Mac or Windows devices, and we're adding iOS devices.…And you won't even add devices in this screen,…so it's kind of an odd place to start.…Instead, let's start over here on the left-hand side…in this column, where you've got sections in bold…and then items listed below them.…And we'll talk about what each of these are,…just in sort of a tour.…If you look to the left you'll notice that…some of these options are in bold…and some beneath the bold segments are not.…
And we're gonna look at the bold sections first.…Here you're going to see Monitor, MDM,…Configure, Organization, and Help.…Under the Monitor heading, you can monitor clients…that have already been added to the system.…Look at a map of client locations in the real world.…Active remote desktop, not on iPads of course,…remote desktop doesn't exist on iPads.…And then you have an event log, which is going to be…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.