Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage devices without deploying apps, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- In this chapter, we're going to cover…some edge cases that don't directly…apply to the way we're doing management…in this course but certainly might be a way…that you would want to manage devices…or do other things that we didn't talk about.…So in this movie, we're going to talk about…MDM without application distribution…and what that basically means is…when you want to do the management…of the device and you don't really care…about the apps or the app load,…you're going to just let your users…take care of that for themselves.…It's a good idea if you want something,…like, for example, to push out a wireless…network profile and you want to do it…without user interaction.…
And your users have their own apps.…They've got their own iOS devices.…It's not completely bring your own device, maybe,…but you're leaving a lot of autonomy…out there for your users and you want…to do management to enable some features…to make it easier for them to go…about their lives without having…to do some device configuration on their own.…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.