Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage Setup Assistant in iOS via MDM, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] Once you've got your apps all set up…and ready to go,…you've assigned your licenses,…you have your profiles set up…or maybe just one profile…and you've got your management all in place…and everything is going…to the devices they're supposed to go to,…once you've completed the work in the previous videos,…you'll now want to control the behavior…of the devices that you're going to manage…once they get to the setup assistant…after they turn on for the first time.…So to do that,…you select the device.…The little check mark there…and you click assign settings.…
We are here under MDM where it says DEP…and you'll see your device or devices…and you can click this check box up here…in order to select all of them…or click them individually.…Once you have your devices checked,…click the box that says Assign Settings.…When you do,…there's only one option under Settings…for creating settings.…The name is the name of the setting…so this is going to be called Initial Setup…and I'm going to add the word Example…since we're using this for teaching purposes.…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.