Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Link devices to MDM, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] All right, we're almost there.…We're finally to the stage where we have…the Volume Purchase Program attached to Meraki,…we have the Device Enrollment Program attached to Meraki.…Here in the DEP website, we can see…our Meraki MDM server listed,…and we can click on it for information about that…and to replace its key when it expires,…or to rename it if we want to,…any of these things.…Now we get to manage devices.…This is exciting too, because I have an iPad here…inside of the cardboard box from Apple shipping…that was purchased with the customer number…that I set up for this title, so it's not even turned on.…
I have not touched this iPad before,…and I'm going to be able to come in here…and add this device to an MDM server.…This is pretty exciting.…So there's three ways to search for these things.…One is by entering full serial numbers,…and you can see here, you can do more than one at a time.…Just enter the serial number, comma, space,…another serial number, and so on.…You can search by order number, which I think…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.