Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Get free apps with VPP, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] In our last movie,…I showed you how to purchase a paid app,…and you can see here the total cost of that purchase.…If, however, we go back to our VPP Home…and we look for a free app...…Again, I'm going to search on algebra.…This time, I'm going to say I just want to look at iOS apps,…and I'm gonna look at education.…This just shows you that you can separate things…out by category and media type,…which is kind of convenient.…So, I have several options here in algebra.…
One here is Algebra Explained c.1…Order of Operations Lite.…That looks interesting, and there we've got…"Try Algebra Explained and see what people are saying.…"Love this app," blah blah blah.…Terrific, wonderful.…Well, I'm gonna give this one a shot,…and being that it's free, you can see it as free…up here, there's no calculation.…I can simply put in a number and grab it,…and bring it down for free,…but not wanting to be wasteful,…I'm just going to try this on one device.…I'm gonna put in a quanity of one,…tap Review Order, click Place Order.…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.