Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Deploy apps without managing devices, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] Alright, so in our second scenario…that's a little off-map here,…what if you really want to have your organization…purchase apps for your users,…but you don't really care about managing their devices?…This is a really popular idea…in a bring your own device type of scenario…where management's maybe not such a thing,…you don't necessarily want to install trust profiles…on their devices,…but you've got to get apps to them…that your institution owns.…Well, here's how that works.…
First thing you need to know is…you're going to still have to enroll…in the Volume Purchase Program.…But you don't need to enroll in DEP…and you don't have to purchase devices…with your Apple Customer Number.…You're gonna need an MDM solution, however,…and that MDM solution,…while not aware of your devices,…does have to be aware of your users.…So you can send out invitations to them.…Supervision is not necessary of the device…so you don't have to worry about Configurator,…and again, DEP's not a thing,…so that's fine.…
And then with device management,…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.