Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video DEP eligibility requirements, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] Only certain devices sold by Apple…are eligible for over the air supervision…through Apple's Device Enrollment Program…or DEP for short.…If your school already has iPads,…you're going to fit in to one of two possible situations.…First, is those who purchased iPads a long time ago…or purchased them using resellers…or other third-party vendors…without using an Apple Customer Number.…More specifically, if your devices…were purchased before March 11th of 2011…or after that date but without the Apple Customer Number,…then your iPads will not appear in the portal…for Apple's Device Enrollment Program.…
This means you won't be able…to wirelessly enroll the iPads into…the Device Enrollment Program…which gives you access to wirelessly supervising them…and getting them into mobile device management.…The second situation is organizations which bought…their iPads after March 11th, 2011,…and bought them using an Apple Customer Number.…Those iPads can be registered into…the Device Enrollment Program.…Let's talk about how you'll deal with that first situation…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.