Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video DEP to MDM link, part of Mobile Device Management with Meraki: Managing iPads.
- [Voiceover] In this next step, we are going to connect…the Device Enrollment Program to your MDM solution…here at Meraki.…We're going to start here in the Organization MDM area,…and we're going to scroll down…to Apple Device Enrollment Program.…First step, and this is really very, very easy…to follow along, we just click down here,…and we download the public key from Meraki.…That's going to go into our Downloads folder.…Then we're going to upload that public key to Apple.…
This is basically just exchanging a,…kind of a handshake, if you will,…an SSL certificate-based encryption…between the two servers so that we can establish…that Meraki can trust the deployment program…and the deployment program can trust Meraki,…and that your devices can trust both of them.…So let's move on to…the deployment program's portion of this.…We've already downloaded the certificate.…I'm going to click on this tab over here,…which takes us to Deployment Programs,…which we've seen before in prior movies.…
Once your password is entered and your account is entered,…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Classroom Management Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley52m 41s Beginner
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.