Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and configure an MDM profile, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- The next step is managing profiles that will…affect the behavior of your iOS devices.…We do that under MDM in the Profiles area,…and then click on Managed Settings, which is…the default profile that comes with the set-up.…This automatically applies to all devices that…are currently being managed.…You can rename it, give it a description,…and you can allow users to remove the profile,…or require a password to remove the profile.…Just for testing purposes here, I'm going to allow…users to remove this profile.…
To configure this profile, all we need to do is…click the Edit Profile Settings button right here,…but we could also go down to MDM and select…Settings right underneath.…Either way works just fine.…Here you can select which profile you're editing…using the drop-down menu below Mobile Settings.…Here we can configure any of these categories,…from Restrictions all the way through Airplay.…I'm not going to teach you how to configure…all of these now, the configuration possibilities…are endless here, not infinite of course, but they…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.