Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure push notification certificates, part of Mobile Device Management with Meraki: Managing iPads.
- In this movie, we're going to set up the Apple MDM section…of the Meraki system manager here,…and this is just the certificate generation…that allows Meraki to use Apple's…push notification certificate system…with your DEP enrolled devices,…and it basically connects those dots.…So, the first thing we're going to do…is we're going to download the CSR from Meraki.…The nice thing is here that if you're using your own…OS 10 service based system,…you'd be generating your own CSR.…It's nice that it's just a clickable download…here for Meraki and there it is in our downloads area.…
Next, we're going to upload the CSR to Apple…and download the push certificate,…and they give you a great link here.…Again, very, very useful.…I'm going to open this link in another tab.…So, this is the Apple Push Certificates Portal,…and I'm going to sign in with an Apple ID.…This does not have to be a Apple ID…that you've used in the past for other programs.…In fact, it's probably a really good idea…if this is an Apple ID…that you've created for your institution.…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Classroom Management Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley52m 41s Beginner
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.