Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Choose an MDM solution, part of Mobile Device Management with Meraki: Managing iPads.
- [Voiceover] Our next step in setting you up…is getting you set up with an MDM Solution,…or a Mobile Device Management Solution.…You've got several choices here to make,…so let's get started.…So first of all, what is Mobile Device Management?…Well, it is exactly what it sounds like.…You're going to be managing your iPads,…you're going to be either restricting…or enhancing their functionality,…you're going to be sending apps to those devices…based on the users that you've set them up with,…all of this is happening based on the device's…relationship to your organization and the user.…
Next let's talk about costs.…You're going to have to choose something…that fits into your budget.…If you are working in a larger institution,…and you have lots of iPads to manage,…you very likely will be going for a more…costly, higher performance, more scalable solution.…Whereas if you're in a smaller organization,…you can afford something that is free or is low-cost…that doesn't have to be so scalable…and still provides great features.…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Classroom Management Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley52m 41s Beginner
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.