Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Apps, books, and certificates, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] Now that we've seen a few of our apps…download here, you can see that their button turns…to the open button.…If I tap on the home button and I come back…to my home screen, you can see that these apps…are downloading in the background.…The app icon changes to a pie graph…that shows how much of the app has been downloaded…and how much remains to be downloaded.…Once your app has fully downloaded…you can tap on it and open it…to be sure that it launches properly.…I recommend tapping on and opening all of the apps…that you assigned using the Volume Purchase Program…just to be sure that they open properly.…
The last thing I'd like to point out…is the bookstore here.…During this title, we didn't really get in to…distribution of books, but that is another type of asset…that is available for download from…the Volume Purchase Program and can be deployed…using your mobile device management solution.…It is worth noting, however, that books may only be assigned…to individual users with Apple IDs and not via…device based assignment.…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.