Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video 5GHz Wi-Fi design, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] In the last movie, we talked about…2.4GHz networks and some of the challenges…inherent to their design and implementation.…I mentioned that 5GHz networks will provide…opportunities to solve some of those problems.…So remember that dining room we talked about?…Noisy, wasn't it?…Well, something I didn't tell you was how hard…it is to sleep if your apartment is just upstairs…from that dining room.…The noise just goes right through the ceilings…and walls because the frequency of the waves…is so low, the waves can easily pass through many…solid materials.…
That being said, you can at least carry…on a conversation because some of the sound…is blocked.…So it's better than being in the same room,…but the noise is still there.…Your 2.4GHz network is the same.…It's great at going through walls.…The signal diminishes a little as it travels…through solid materials, but you can still…receive the transmissions.…I mentioned that mostly to juxtapose it against…the way 5GHz behaves in the same scenario,…which is very different.…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.