Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video 2.4GHz Wi-Fi design, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] 2.4 gigahertz on a WiFi network…refers to the spectrum or frequency…in which the network operates.…The important thing to know about 2.4 gigahertz…is that being the oldest and most popular frequency…due to its longevity,…it is the most overburdened frequency,…full of other people's WiFi networks…from nearby homes, apartments, businesses,…and sometimes even individuals who have stood up rogue APs,…which just means someone has brought in…their own wireless access point…and plugged it into your network without telling you.…
Now all of this mess is set up, overlapping channels,…in which the endless noise…creates sometimes insurmountable interference…that even the best wireless network equipment…cannot overcome.…Think about it like a dinner with friends…in a crowded restaurant.…You and your friends are sitting at a table,…talking in a reasonable volume,…and you can hear and understand each other perfectly well.…As the night goes on and the dining room fills with people,…the noise level rises.…
The people at adjacent tables have to speak…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.