Explores how to harness the power of the leading pitch correction software, Melodyne, from choosing the best workflow and settings for your project to editing and exporting the corrected tracks.
- Hi, I'm Skye Lewin and welcome to Melodyne Studio Essential Training. In this course we'll look at the different variations of Melodyne and how to use them to alter pitch and time in a recorded musical performance. We'll start by setting up a session and then familiarizing ourselves with the software and how to navigate within it. Then we'll see how to use the many tools in Melodyne including the Edit Pitch tool and Move Notes tool to alter the pitch and rhythm of a monophonic performance and we'll see how to use the revolutionary Direct Note Access, or DNA, to edit a polyphonic pitched recording.
(guitar strums) We'll walk through a real world example of editing a vocal performance with Melodyne and we'll explore the various ways that you can use Melodyne in conjunction with your DA. We'll also see how we can use MIDI to edit and perform a recorded vocal as well as how to use an audio recording to send MIDI that can trigger an instrument or sound module. Last, we'll look at exporting our work. We'll be covering all of these features plus we'll look at several different workflows and techniques so that you can choose which one best suits your needs.
Now, let's get started with Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
AuthorRIAN SKYE G LEWIN
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.