The Timing Tool, Time Handle Tool and Attack Speed Tool provide excellent control over timing changes in Melodyne. Rhythmic changes can be made with the Timing Tool, whether following the Time Grid or fine-tuning the timing. The Time Handle Tool allows the audio content to be shifted within note blobs, and the Attack Speed Tool varies the attack time of a note.
- [Voiceover] The timing tools are really important…for working effectively in Melodyne.…Let's select the timing tool in one of the ways…that we've covered in the previous videos.…My favorite approach is to use a default keyboard shortcut,…F5 in this case, to select the timing tool…or to toggle through the various timing tools.…If you click a note right in the middle and drag it,…the timing tool will move the entire note.…First I'm gonna zoom in using cmd + opt on a Mac…or ctrl + alt on Windows.…Maybe a little more.…
And now I'm gonna click right in the middle of the note…to drag it.…Notice that the note snaps to the grid.…You can turn the timing grid on or off by clicking here.…Double clicking will snap the note to the grid.…Remember that you can also turn on Show Intended Notes…from the options menu in the note editor pane here.…This shows both the intended pitch,…as we saw earlier in the course,…and the intended rhythm.…If the intended rhythm is what you want,…just double click to snap the note to that location.…
- Creating a new Melodyne project
- Importing, recording, and transferring audio
- Managing tracks
- Using the Pitch, Amplitude, and Timing tools
- Correcting pitch and timing automatically with macros
- Editing meter and tempo
- Using DNA and the sound editor
- Exporting audio
Skill Level Beginner
Performing with Ableton Live: On Stage with St. Vincentwith Daniel Mintseris2h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up
3. Using Tools and Macros
4. Editing and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.