Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using markers, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
In Melodyne just like in most DAWs, you can use markers to help you navigate more quickly.…So first let's look at creating a marker.…There are a couple of ways you can locate the start of the marker.…One is to go to your Transport window which you can select from the Window menu,…and you can set the beginning to the desired bar, so in this case I want to make…my first marker at bar 3, and you can hit Return, and you can now see the left…side of where our selection will be has been moved to bar 3.…Likewise, you can set the end here by typing in a number, in this case let's…type bar 70, and let's close the Transport bar.…
So now, when we make a new marker, either by selecting Create Marker from…the Navigation menu or by using the key command, Option+C or Alt+C, a new…marker will be created that starts with our start selection and ends with our end selection.…So this new marker that I'm making is now a selection of the entire song, so…let's call it Full Song or something along those lines.…So now let's zoom elsewhere in the session and return to our beginning marker…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.