Use the Main Tool as a combination tool to perform functions of several of the other tools. The Main Tool and its sub-tools, the Scroll Tool and Zoom Tool, are the only tools available in Melodyne 4 Essential, though they provide the core functionality.
- [Voiceover] We're covering the main tool last,…since it combines functions of some of the other tools…we've already discussed, into one combination tool.…If you're using Melodyne Essential,…this is the only tool you'll be able to use.…Depending on where you position the main tool,…different functions are available.…Select the main tool by clicking,…using the right-click contextual menu,…or using the default key command F1.…When the main tool is positioned over the center of a note,…it behaves like the pitch tool.…You can drag up or down to shift the pitch up or down…on the pitch grid.…
♫ La, la, la, la. ♫…You can also hold option or alt to fine tune the pitch…independently from the pitch grid.…♫ La, la, la, la. ♫…Likewise, drag left and right to adjust the rhythm,…and hold option and alt to slide notes independently of…the timing grid.…♫ La. La. ♫…Place the cursor just above the top of a note to create…or edit a note separation.…The scroll tool is the first sub-tool of the main tool.…
As we've seen before,…this tool simply moves the display area.…
- Creating a new Melodyne project
- Importing, recording, and transferring audio
- Managing tracks
- Using the Pitch, Amplitude, and Timing tools
- Correcting pitch and timing automatically with macros
- Editing meter and tempo
- Using DNA and the sound editor
- Exporting audio
Skill Level Beginner
Performing with Ableton Live: On Stage with St. Vincentwith Daniel Mintseris2h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up
3. Using Tools and Macros
4. Editing and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.