Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Note Separation tool and Segment Separation Tool, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
With the Split Notes tool, you can separate a note blob or segment into smaller segments.…Let's select the tool using one of the methods we've already seen, and let's…take a look at how it works.…Basically, you can double-click at any point in a blob or segment, and it will…separate that blob into smaller segments.…Now, there are many uses for this.…First of all, it's very useful for separating breaths and sibilance and plosives.…For example, if you're tuning, and you want to change the pitch of this note,…perhaps you don't want to change the pitch of the breath following it, which can…sound phasey if you change it too much.…
So what we would do is separate the breath so that when we change the pitch…of the note, the breath can stay at its natural pitch and sound as natural as possible.…Likewise, we can do the same thing with sibilances which are esses, or plosives…which are Ps and Ks or sounds that pop into the mic.…So we can separate them to allow us to either reduce them in volume using our…Amplitude tool or to perhaps shorten them using our Move Notes tool.…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.