Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Melodyne plug-in, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
One way to quickly use Melodyne within your DAW is through the Melodyne plug-in.…Let's switch to our Mixer window in Pro Tools-- or in whichever DAW you're using--…find the track that you want to edit with Melodyne, and under the Plug-ins menu…let's insert the Melodyne Plug-in.…In Pro Tools it's under plug-in > Other and Melodyne.…What this does is it opens essentially a Melodyne Editor window as a plug-in right inside Pro Tools.…In order to transfer audio in to our Melodyne plug-in, it works much like…Melodyne Bridge does, you select the Transfer button relocate our cursor, and press Play.…
(music playing)…Then we go back into our Melodyne plug-in, we can see that just…the amount that we transferred is visible within the plug-in.…You can zoom in and out using the bars on the right and bottom of the screen…just like any other versions, and the same tools for Melodyne Editor are available here as well.…We can also undo and redo using the Undo and Redo buttons or with the key command.…
(music playing)…So if I make an edit I can undo my edit and redo my edit, or I…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.