Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Main tool, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
The Main tool in Melodyne allows you to perform many of the functions of the…other tools we've just looked at.…If you're familiar with ProTools, you can say it's similar to the Smart tool.…Let's select our Main tool, one of the ways we've already looked at, and let's…see exactly how it works.…So using the Main tool, you can hover over a note or a blob, and you can see…that depending on where you place the cursor, the Main tool's icon will change…to show you what tool you can currently use.…So, for example, if we locate our cursor next to a note separation, we can use…the Note Separation tool by altering the location of the note separation.…
If we move our cursor over the beginning of a note blob or region, you can see…that the Move Notes tool becomes active.…As you move over the center of the region, you can see that the Pitch tool…becomes active, and if we move to the end of a region, you can see that the Move…Notes tool becomes active again so that we can alter the end of our region.…So, all of these tools can be accessed from the Main tool.…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.