Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Edit Formant tool, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
The Edit Formant tool is a very useful tool that allows you to alter the…formant of your source.…We briefly covered what a formant is before, but the formant is essentially the…source through which your sound is formed.…So, for example, imagine a vocalist with a very small throat versus a vocalist…with a very large throat, and you can imagine that the sound will be different…between the two, and that sound difference is caused by the formant.…So let's take a look at how the formant can help us in Melodyne.…First let's take a look at a real world example of correcting the formant…when we make an edit.…
I am going to select these three notes and double-click them with the Edit…Pitch tool to center them on their closest center pitch, and I'm going to drag them up...…(music playing)…To change the Pitch to something that was not intended by the singer.…So this pretty drastic change of several Notes from the original position.…Let's have listen to the new performance. (music playing)…So you can see that it sounds a little unnatural, perhaps if I…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.