Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Detection settings, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
The Detection settings in Melodyne allow you to auto-detect the pitches of each…audio file or region on import.…So on the Detection settings page, we can specify which detection preset to use by default.…Melodic is best suited for a vocal or audio content that contains a single…note melodic melody.…The Percussive setting is good for drums or anything that's more rhythmic…based and not so much pitch based, and Polyphonic is good for multiple notes at the same time.…So you would want to use polyphonic to detect a guitar or any audio that contains harmony.…
In Melodyne Studio, we can't actually edit polyphonic material, but we can in…Melodyne Editor also known as Melodyne Singletrack, with Direct Note Access or…DNA technology which we'll look at shortly.…Under the Options menu, we can choose to Add, Remove, Edit, Import or Export…additional detection presets.…If we choose to add a new parameter set, we can name it, specify the highest and…lowest note, separation sensitivity.…Given all of the settings provided by Melodyne, we can create our own custom…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.