The Amplitude Tool can be used to change the volume of individual notes, or a selection of notes. It can also mute notes or selection. Type in a specific value in decibels (dB).
- [Voiceover] The amplitude tool is…another pretty simple tool.…Use it to make notes or selections louder or softer.…You can also mute or unmute notes or selections.…Let's try it out.…First, I'm going to hold Command + Option on a Mac…or Control + Alt on Windows to temporarily…switch to the Zoom tool and zoom in.…Then I'm gonna hold Shift + Command…or Shift + Control and move my view.…You can select the amplitude tool by using the default…shortcut F4, or one of the other methods we've covered.…
Then click and drag up to make a note louder.…♫ La la la ♫…Click and drag down to make a note softer.…♫ La la la ♫…You can also make a selection of notes and alter…the volume of the selection all at once.…♫ La la la ♫…To mute a note or a selection, just double click.…To unmute a muted note or selection,…just double click again.…Just like pitch and format transitions,…the amplitude transitions can be edited as well…when the surrounding notes have a soft note separation.…
Just position the cursor near the transition you want…
AuthorRIAN SKYE G LEWIN
- Creating a new Melodyne project
- Importing, recording, and transferring audio
- Managing tracks
- Using the Pitch, Amplitude, and Timing tools
- Correcting pitch and timing automatically with macros
- Editing meter and tempo
- Using DNA and the sound editor
- Exporting audio
Skill Level Beginner
Mixing and Mastering with Logic Pro Xwith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN4h 15m Appropriate for all
Performing with Ableton Live: On Stage with St. Vincentwith Daniel Mintseris2h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up
3. Using Tools and Macros
4. Editing and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.