Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Transitioning to Melodyne Editor (aka singletrack), part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
In this video, we're going to delve into Melodyne Editor, also known as Melodyne…singletrack, and explore the unique features of this program.…If you have it installed, you'll find Melodyne singletrack in your Applications…folder, and this is a separate application from Melodyne Studio.…We can open it up, and feel free to look through the tutorial if you want, and…we'll see a fairly familiar window.…The first one we'll see in Melodyne Editor is essentially our Editor window…from Melodyne Studio.…So there are some differences between the versions.…Just like Melodyne Studio allows you to edit multiple tracks, Melodyne Editor…gives you a really unique new feature called DNA, or Direct Note Access.…
We're going to look at this in the next video, but before we do, I just want to…point out a few things that are not available in Editor just so we can get…familiar with our limitations here.…Like we already mentioned, you can only edit one track at a time with Melodyne Editor.…Also our preferences are different, so let's take a quick look at our Preferences.…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.