Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Synchronizing, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
Aside from the Melodyne Bridge and ReWire, Melodyne can also be synchronized…using MIDI clock or MIDI time code.…If you are not familiar with time code, you can check out the lynda.com course,…Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Tools.…In that course, you'll find a video on time code that has a pretty good…explanation of what time code is, but for now I'll give you a very, very brief overview.…Basically, time code is a language that allows different pieces of hardware to…communicate with each other so that they can remain in sync.…MIDI Clock can also be used for sync, but it's based on musical beats, because…of that it actually works really well with tempo changes.…
Earlier in this course, we took a look at our MIDI Preferences let's go back,…open our Melodyne menu, Preferences, and select the MIDI Ports tab.…Here you can see the MIDI Time Code In and MIDI Time Code Out as well as the…MIDI Clock In and MIDI Clock Out settings.…You can use MIDI Time Code to sync Melodyne with another application either…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.