Join RIAN SKYE G LEWIN for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a new session and importing audio, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
In this chapter, we're going to learn about Melodyne's tools, and then actually…start doing some editing.…So first let's setup a new session, I am going to create a new session with the…key Command Command+N or Ctrl+N, and I'm going to save it into the Sessions…folder in our exercise files, and I'm going to call this Melodyne…Studio_Exercise, and I'm going to save it there.…And let's open or import our audio files, which I'm going to do with the key…command Shift+Command+O or Shift+Ctrl+O. So let's first import our instrumental…and lead vocal, so I'm going to select both of them by holding Shift pressing…the down arrow and Return to open.…
And again Melodyne will detect the pitch and rhythm as it opens these file.…You can open these files individually if you prefer to do it one at a time as well.…Now that we have our instrumental and our lead vocal in, I'm going to pull in…our background vocals.…So again I am going to open the same Open dialog, I'm going to navigate to the…Background Vocals folder in the exercise files folder, and I'm going to select…
AuthorRIAN SKYE G LEWIN
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.