Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up ReWire, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
In addition to the Melodyne Bridge, Melodyne can also be used in conjunction…with a DAW through the use of ReWire.…Let's look at setting up the DAW as the ReWire host.…In this example we'll use Pro Tools, but go ahead and launch whichever DAW…you're going to be using, and then switch to your Mixer window.…Let's find our Lead Vocal Track, and we're going to insert a plug-in, in Pro…Tools it's under the Instrument submenu, and we'll choose Melodyne.…We'll see that the ReWire plug-in pops open, and then Melodyne launches, and…we're given an option to choose how we would like to connect Melodyne to the…running host application.…
In this case, Pro Tools is our running host application.…So let's select ReWire, Melodyne will continue launching. Once Melodyne has been…opened, we can either create a new session or open our existing session.…I'm going to go ahead and open our Recent Melodyne Studio_Exercise file, and…we can mute this instrumental track because we'll be working in conjunction with Pro Tools.…So we'll be hearing our instrumental through Pro Tools.…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.