Join RIAN SKYE G LEWIN for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a MIDI input source, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
Using MIDI with Melodyne is a very powerful way to expand the capabilities…of the program. In this video, we'll configure our MIDI devices.…In your case it maybe a MIDI keyboard, a MIDI controller or both.…First, make sure that your MIDI device is connected to your computer.…Depending on your device you may be connecting with a MIDI cable from the MIDI…Outport or the MIDI Thru-port on your device to your computer's MIDI interface.…Now depending on which type of MIDI device you're using, it may connect directly…to your computer with USB, and that device may or may not require that you…install specific drivers or software.…
So make sure you check all of that before we proceed.…If you want some more information on how to get your MIDI setup working, you can…check out some of the other courses right here on lynda.com, including Pro Tools…Essential Training with David Franz, Logic Pro Essential Training with Scott Hirsch,…or Ableton Live Essential Training with Rick Schmunk.…Once you've physically connected your MIDI interface to your computer and verify…
AuthorRIAN SKYE G LEWIN
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.