Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
Before we start working, we want to set the Tempo and Meter for our session.…Depending on the project, you may also want to set the Tone Scale.…We've already set the Tempo, but let's look at doing it again.…We're going to open our Transport bar, and we can choose the Tempo by…double-clicking and entering the number here.…Likewise, we can set the Meter for our project by setting the number of beats…per bar and the value of those beats.…In this case, our Tempo is 77 and the value of our tempo is 4/4 time.…One other setting that you may or may not always use is the Tone Scale.…
Under the Window menu, you can select the Tone Scale.…You can also set a shortcut for this if you find it that you use it frequently,…and we'll talk about how to do that later.…Here, you can choose the type of scale you're working with, whether it's major…or minor or any of the various modes.…You can also choose the tonal center or the tonic of your key.…So if you know your song is in G, you can assign that the key is G, if you know…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.