Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the loop/session boundary locators, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
If you're working on a specific section of the song, you may find that you want…to loop that region.…You can set the cycle boundaries just like we did earlier when making markers.…You can go to the Transport, and you can set with a numeric value the In and the Out Points.…So, for example, let's set it to 3 for the In Point, and for now let's make it 5…for the Out Point, so we just have a two-bar selection.…And with Cycle enabled we can now cycle that section of our arrangement.…
(music playing)…This is going to be really handy if you're working on a very…specific part of your arrangement or just a specific section of the song, and…just want to hear it over and over to perfect whatever you're working on.…A second way that you can set these is by simply clicking and dragging to move…the left or start location, and the right or end location.…One other thing that's very important when you're exporting, and we'll touch on…this when we cover exporting is that you can use the cycle points for exporting…selections between locators.…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.