Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting MIDI preferences, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
Melodyne allows us to use MIDI in various ways, and we can set that up in the…MIDI preferences in Melodyne.…First let's take a look at our MIDI Ports and here we can set our Default Input,…so if you're using a MIDI keyboard, you can choose that from the list here…assuming it's connected and recognized by your computer.…For more information on setting a MIDI, check out the ProTools Essential…Training courses with David Franz.…You can also set your Default Output, your MIDI Time Code, In and Out, if you…want to receive or send MIDI time code, and you can also set your MIDI Clock, In…or Out, if you want to receive or send MIDI clock.…
Under the MIDI Remote Control page, we can set up an external MIDI mix controller.…On the Options tab, you can choose to add and here you can see you can set up…a Generic Controller or you can choose from preset controllers that are…already set up and preconfigured to work, you can choose to Remove, Edit, or Import or Export.…If you've created a custom generic controller that's mapped to work with your…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.