Join RIAN SKYE G LEWIN for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing audio files, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
In the Audio Files window you can manage the audio used by your Melodyne session.…Let's open this window by clicking on the Window menu and selecting Audio Files.…Also in Melodyne Studio you can set a shortcut key to open this window.…We'll get into shortcut keys in a later video.…So in this window, you can see on the left-hand side the Referred Files,…these files are files that are not stored in your Audio folder, but are used by the session.…So in the case of this example, we've imported the audio directly from where it…lived in the exercise files folder.…
Now if we had instead copied that audio into an Audio Files folder next to our…Melodyne project, the files would show up in a different location and would not…be considered Referred Files.…Let's look at some of the information that we can see from our Audio Files window.…You can see the Name of the file, you can see the Location, where it's expected,…in this case in our User folder and our exercise files subfolder.…And on the bottom you can see more information about the Duration in seconds,…
AuthorRIAN SKYE G LEWIN
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.