Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying elements in the session folder, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
Now that we've setup a session and imported audio into our session, let's look…at the elements that were created. So first, go to your exercise files folder.…If you saved your Melodyne session to the Desktop or any other location,…it won't be where it is on my system, but when I saved it, I saved it into…the Sessions folder.…In that folder is where you'll see my Melodyne Studio.mar, which is the project file.…I am going to close that window and back in the exercise files, you can see that…below the lead vocal and the instrumental are a file with the extension .mdd,…and whenever you import audio into Melodyne, Melodyne creates these files and…they store the pitch and timing information for the edits that you make to the…audio from the referenced audio file.…
So, if you imported these two audio files directly from the exercise files…folder like I did, you will see that these two files were created in this…location just like you see in my folder.…Now if you had copied those files to another location, those two mdd files will…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.