Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
If you're working with Pro Tools, the Spot To ProTools feature is a really great…way to keep your audio aligned with sample accuracy.…Basically, what Spot To ProTools does is it includes a user timestamp in the…audio file it that can then be read by Pro Tools when you import the audio file…back into Pro Tools, and using this timestamp Pro Tools can then spot the audio…file with sample accuracy right where it's supposed to go. So let's try it.…Let just select the lead vocal track-- and we don't need to write the MDD for now--…and what we're going to do is choose the Spot To ProTools option > Save As.…
We can call this Lead Vocal, and I'm going to go ahead and save it.…You can save this to your desktop or wherever you want, and Melodyne will save a…copy of our audio with all the changes we've made and with Spot To ProTools…enabled it'll include a user timestamp that we can use in Pro Tools.…So let's switch back to Pro Tools, and from Pro Tools I'm going to import the audio…file that I just exported from Melodyne.…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.