Join RIAN SKYE G LEWIN for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring how to use Direct Note Access (DNA), part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
Possibly one of the most groundbreaking accomplishments in the sound world from…the past decade is Melodyne's Direct Note Access.…DNA allows for the alteration of a single monophonic pitch within a…polyphonic audio recording. So let's take a look at this.…First let's open a file that has polyphonic material.…You can choose File > Open or use the key command, Command+O, and let's look at…our Instrumental Elements folder within the exercise files folder, and for this…example let's choose Say Yes_V1 Acoustic Guitar 2.…
And you can see that as we open the file Melodyne detects the pitch within the…file, and when it's done in Melodyne Editor you can see the various pitches of…each of the individual notes with the guitar played in that performance.…So let's quickly have a listen to what this sounds like.…(music playing)…Okay, cool! So we can hear the guitar chord being played, but we can see its individual notes on screen.…With DNA we can use the familiar tools from Melodyne Studio to change individual…notes within that guitar chord. So this is a really, really handy tool.…
AuthorRIAN SKYE G LEWIN
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.