Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring hardware setup, file types, and the Appearance page, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
Now that we've explored the interface a bit, let's take a deeper look at our preferences.…We're going to open our Preferences by choosing Melodyne menu and selecting…Preferences or by using the key command, Command+Comma on a Mac.…Once we're in our Preferences let's first look at our Hardware setup.…We've already taken a quick look at this earlier before we started, but here…you can select your Device Driver, your Sample Rate, your Buffer Size, and your File Cache.…You may notice that our Sample Rate here is blank, and that's just because…the specific audio setup that we're using requires the sample rate to be set elsewhere.…In our Recording tab, we can set our File Format, which currently we're using…WAVE, you can also set your bit depth or your Resolution, we're working at…24-bit right now, and you can also set the location for unsaved arrangements.…
Usually, by default, it's set in the Melodyne folder within the Music folder in your User folder.…Now let's take a look at our Appearances pane. In here, you can change the look of Melodyne.…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.