Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring additional tools in the MDD Editor, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
Now let's take a look at a few more tools that live in the MDD Editor window.…Let's open the MDD Editor window by going to the Definition menu, and selecting…Open MDD Editor, or by using the key command Shift+Option+Command+D or…Shift+Alt+Ctrl+D on Windows.…In the MDD Editor, we can edit the way that our MDD interprets the audio from a given region.…This is actually a very handy way for us to make changes, for example, to the…notes that are detected, and the rhythm that's detected from a region.…
And you can also see with our score overlay, we can also change the way that,…that score is printed or interpreted from the audio that we're using.…The first of these tools is the Define Score Time tool.…We can select the Define Score Time tool from the tool Palette on the…top-left-hand corner of the window.…We can also select it by right- clicking using our pop-up menu.…And what this allows us to do is change the position of a beat or the first beat…in a bar so that Melodyne knows where bar 1 beat 1, or bar 2 beat 1 is or beat 1…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.