Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the Transport window, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
In the Transport window, we have control over our transport but also over…several other important settings.…So first let's open the Transport window.…Under the Window menu, you can select Transport bar, or you can use the key…command Shift+Command+T on a Mac, or Shift+Ctrl+T on Windows, and a familiar…Transport bar will open.…In this Transport bar, you can set Cycle which will essentially loop a…selection, you can set your Punch In and Punch Out.…You can also synchronize Melodyne using different sync settings which we'll get…into a little bit more later.…
Along the bottom of the Transport bar you'll see the familiar Rewind, Fast…Forward, Stop, Play, Record, and Locate to Beginning and Locate to End buttons.…So you can use these to play or rewind or stop a record or you can also set key…commands which we'll look at later or use the default key commands, whatever the…workflow is that best suits your needs.…On the right-hand side of the Transport you'll notice the meter which is for…this song 4/4 and the tempo.…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.