Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the MIDI Out options, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
In addition to using a MIDI keyboard to control our audio,…Melodyne can also be used to trigger another external or internal sound source using MIDI.…So let's open up our Editor window with Shift+Command+E or Shift+Ctrl+E and…select our Lead Vocal Channel.…And then under the View menu let's select Show Audio-to-MIDI Parameters.…Once we have selected this, we can now see our audio to MIDI Parameters.…If we want to send MIDI out in real-time as we play Melodyne, we can select the…Realtime Midi Send box.…
And from the dropdown menu we can choose either an external MIDI sound source or…an internal instrument if we have set one up in Melodyne, which we'll look at later in this video.…And to the right here is a Textbox where we can select the Channel on which that…MIDI Data will be sent.…We also have a lot of control over how that MIDI Data will be sent.…We can change the Velocity of our MIDI Data simply by clicking and dragging.…We can also click and drag the top to limit out Loudest Velocity and click and…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.