Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing time, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
In this video, we're going to edit the timing of a performance using the tools that we've covered.…So let's select our Move Notes tool, and let's take a look at this phrase which is in bar 6.…I'm going to zoom out a little so we can see a little better and play from bar 6.…(music playing)…It sounds like the second syllable of the word leaving is a hair…late, and the first syllable of the word tomorrow is a bit early.…So what we want to do in this example is pull that second syllable of the first…word earlier and the first syllable of the second word later.…
So I'm going to use our Move Notes tool, hold the Option or Alt key, click…near the beginning of our note blob, and pull it a little bit earlier and have a listen.…(music playing)…We can also double-click to snap this note to the suggested…rhythm and have a listen to that. (music playing)…And that sounds pretty good.…So let's try that with the other note, on tomorrow, and let's try it on the…second syllable of morrow as well. Let's have a listen to that.…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.