Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing pitch, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
Now that we've gone through the individual tools in Melodyne and seen what they…can do, let's take a look at the various techniques that we can use to edit the…pitch of our performance using these tools.…We'll also look at some real-world examples of editing pitch to get a desired result.…So first let's talk about a couple of various approaches for fixing the pitch of notes and transitions.…Let's open our Editor window, look at our lead vocal.…I am going to zoom in a little bit vertically, the 3 key on the Numeric Keypad…and a little bit more horizontally with the 9 key on the Numeric Keypad and…center my view, and I am going to switch my tool to the Pitch tool.…
The song we are using is by the artist Eoka, and I'd like to point out that…the vocal that we're using here is not her actual performance.…I've actually altered her amazing performance to make it sound out of tune just…so we have something to work with that has a little bit more work that needs to…be done, or in this case a lot more work that needs to be done.…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.