Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing an example exercise, part two, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
So if you've been following along, we can just pick up where we left off at the…end of bar 12, and we are going to continue forward editing with a few different techniques.…I am going to Zoom out just a hair using the 1 key and the 7 key on my numeric…keypad and listen to the next few phrases.…(music playing)…I do have to apologize, I did alter this vocal to make it…better example material, and I think I went a little far and made some of these…performances a little bit too out, so let's fix them, going back to this…phrase, coming into bar 13.…
And this time what we are going to do rather than separating first, and then…tuning them is we are going to separate and tune as we go note by note,…essentially fixing what we hear as we hear it.…So let's move forward phrase by phrase. (music playing)…So I'll make a note separation for this pitch change here,…looks like there is no sibilances, and use our Edit Pitch tool, select the…entire section, double-click to essentially quantize them to the nearest detected pitch.…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.