Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing an example exercise, part one, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
In this video let's use the tools that we've learned in a real-world example.…In your exercise files folder, find your Sessions folder and open the Melodyne…project called Melodyne Studio_Exercise.mar.…If you've already been working with this file and it's already open, you…probably won't run into this.…But if you're opening it for the first time, you may notice that it needs to…re-link a certain audio file.…If that's the case just point Melodyne towards that file in your exercise files…folder and Melodyne will re-link the file and move forward normally from there.…It may also need to regenerate the .mdd files for each of the audio files, so it…may take a moment on the first open to do that.…
So I'm going to go ahead and open this file, launching Melodyne, and Melodyne is…going to recreate the MDD file for each of these audio files since they're not…in my exercise files folders right now.…This is very much like what you may see if you're opening the file for the first time.…If you see a pop-up window that says Missing MDD Files, and it says that they…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.